Monday, August 17, 2009

Mandatory Introductory Post

We were all new once. Twice, in my case.

I initially started showing in the mid-90s. I was still in my early teens and had barely started customizing. My collection constituted lightly played with regular run Breyers I'd received every Xmas from my folks. I cherished my few 3d place ribbons, having never won a second or first.

I took a break from the hobby for several years, all the while painting for my own enjoyment. When a few of my customs started to sell, I attended one show to get some live feedback on my work.

I was hooked. Showing seemed to have changed completely while I'd been gone and I had to learn the rules all over again. It was a long process, helped along by other showers who were generous with their time and knowledge. I hope this blog will serve the same purpose for another generation of new showers.

I usually show at least once a month, all year long. I regularly attend Breyerfest Live and NAN (North American Nationals.) However, my knowledge of the topic is hardly completely and I'm hoping to include several Guest Writer posts in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is off. Please don't make me turn it on.